Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Donna!

Today is my wife's birthday -  a milestone, but I won't say which one.  With her seemingly boundless energy, she is a constant source of inspiration.  Last year, when she was very sick from cancer (see this earlier post),  I made this little video. This year she's doing great, so I thought I would share it with a wider audience.

For Donna from Steve Moore on Vimeo.


About the video: it was done in Flash, very quickly, shortly before Donna's birthday last year.  I animated a walk cycle on a Cintiq, then found a dozen settings in which to use it.  It was very much improvised - no storyboarding, just  the song by Steve Earle to cue me visually.  I picked this song because it resonated with both Donna and I during the hard days of chemo.  Its sentiment still rings true.

I urge you to sing along in a Steve Earle voice, preferably to someone you love :
"I love you with all my heart / All my soul / And every part of me."

Happy Birthday, Donna!

Love,
Steve